Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easter 2010

I'm slowly getting caught up on some blogging (you probably noticed). We went to Easter dinner at my parents' house this year. Scott and Holly were here so I joined them for church the night before...that was so nice! Loved the service and dinner after.

The kids always have a busy morning on Easter. They have a traditional Longhorn breakfast with their dad's family, come here to see if the Easter Bunny left anything special and then we all head to my parents for more family time and food.


This year the Easter Bunny must have decided the kids had different needs than baskets. There treats were left in a kitchen bowl with matching cups. Shannon's even came that way. He must have heard that she is moving out in a few short weeks! (She found hers when she first got up..no pictures allowed.) Sorry about the blurriness of one of the pictures.

Although we never forget the meaning of Easter, we sure seem to eat a lot on this day. I guess it's what we tend to do when family gets together. I wonder why that it. Anyway, more of the food fest....


An Easter tradition...

Our meat slicer...:)

So pretty...

and, of course...dessert....
And of course, after our tummies are full my children ALWAYS take a nap. Right, Holly? :)

It was a beautiful day!
Related Posts with Thumbnails