Monday, July 25, 2011

Colorado Trip....Part I












I am "resurrecting" my blog and couldn't think of a better way to do it than with our trip to see my brother and his family!

Shannon and I took a quick trip to Longmont, Colorado to visit my brother, Marty, and his family. At the time, we thought 5 days would be a great trip but we decided it was way tooo short. In fact, I think Shannon would have stayed permanently if she could have!

We left on Wednesday and had a little bit of time to kill in the airport. How did we ever manage time before our Iphones?

Marty picked us up when we landed and took us out to see his property and his dogs. He truly loves working out there and his dogs!


He, of course, was teasing Shannon about something and decided they needed to make up so he broke out the "peace pipe"! I think they both look great in this picture!
Annie is one of Marty's dogs...she is a sweetheart!Wyatt is another one...he's an excellent bird hunting dog and very "busy"!Marty doing what he loves to do!Marty took Shannon out on the ATV to run the dogs. Diesel, Molly and Wyatt all ran along. Annie hung out with me. I think she's pretty smart!

After that, he took us to his house in Longmont where Lisa and Amy were waiting. They made a great dinner for us and we enjoyed visiting and getting caught up. Of course, the Cold Stone Creamery treats that Shannon and Amy went after added the perfect ending to our first day there.

Thursday was "girls day". Lisa, Shannon and I met Lauren in Boulder for breakfast and shopping. I would LOVE to live in Boulder some day. It was so charming and beautiful. We ate at a fun little place called Lucille's. It has a "Cajun flavor". I couldn't help but think of my friend, Jackie. She would have loved this place. It just looks like a little house from the outside. We got in right away which guess is very unusual! Here is a piece of art work on the wall.Lauren decided we had to have Beignets as a pre-breakfast treat. Good call, Lauren! They were excellent. I had praline waffles with praline syrup. Oh goodness...yes, I am dieting this week
After we were stuffed, we walked down to Pearl Street Mall. It was a beautiful outdoor mall. I loved it!!
This was a beautiful setting for some pics!

Shannon and me....Lisa and Lauren...The girls and me....I realized too late that I never got a picture of Lisa and me. Shoot! Guess I will have to go back soon!

As you can tell in the pictures, the weather was beautiful. Colorado Part II to follow....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails