Friday, November 28, 2008

Deck the Halls!

Today was spent unpacking boxes and boxes of decorations. I always love to see what they hold. There is always something I have forgotten about. Scott and Shannon have always picked out a new ornament each every Christmas since they were two. I love looking at each one and remembering all of their favorite things throughout the years. We have football, baseball, Mickey Mouse, volleyball, a barbeque grill,Snoopy and the gang, and graduation ornaments( just to name a few). My tree is full of memories. This year seems especially sentimental since it is our last Christmas with Scott and a single man. (We are very excited to have Holly join our family....new memories are waiting to be made!)


A few years ago, my parents gave me the first Hallmark musical snowman. I loved it so much that I now collect them. My parents have given me three. I always chuckle when I pull them out for the holidays.





A very special thing happened this year. My parents passed my Grandmother's Nativity scene on to me. I can remember seeing it at their home in Detroit when I was little and then at my parents' house. It feels so nice to have it here with me. I always think about her at Christmas. We always went to lunch and did a little shopping...just the two of us. Such fond memories.



I love this time of year. It just seemed perfect that it snowed today. Scott is going to put outside lights up this weekend. I think that is Shannon's favorite part!

3 comments:

shannon said...

AWW our tree:D i love you mom!!

Cheryl said...

Yep....our tree! :) I love you, too!

Lainey-Paney said...

:)
looking very festive!

Related Posts with Thumbnails