Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day!


Today was a very relaxing day. I started the day by meeting Jackie for the Turkey Trot at Manito Park. It was my first time but Jackie has done it several times. It was fun to see the creative costumes and I was amazed that there were about 3000 runners and walkers there! We had a nice 3 mile walk and great conversation. Then we treated ourselves to a latte' and more good conversation. I hope we make this an annual tradition.

When I got home, Scott and Shannon were working on taming Armani (our parakeet). He is getting used to being held and talked to, or maybe he has just given in! We gathered up the pies and headed to my parents for dinner. As usual, we ate until we couldn't eat anymore. Dad's deep fried turkey was very tasty....we always fight for the crispy skin. Mom had worked hard in the kitchen making mashed potatoes (Shannon even peeled them for Gma), green bean casserole, rolls, stuffing, gravy, etc!



While the kids were finishing up dishes, Dad and I loaded the truck up with all my Christmas decorations. I think they must multiply over the year. It was a full pickup load this time! We all settled in for a little TV time and naps and pie! It was a wonderfully relaxing day! We are resting up for Christmas decorating tomorrow!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Nice update!!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks! Also, thanks for ALL the help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails