Saturday, January 17, 2009

Books and Movies

Today was a day of getting lost in books and movies. I am reading two books at once. I'm not sure why....sometimes it's just plain hard for a girl to choose one thing over another. So, I read one book for a while and then read the other.

Twilight: I had to start reading this when I noticed Shannon couldn't put it down. I have to admit that I can see why. It's easy to get lost in the love story.....even if it involves a vampire. It's an easy read but is captivating. Seems like two hours just fly by every time I pick it up. Might be the reason I've been a little tired this week...too much reading on school nights!

This Is Graceanne's Book: This one is for my Book Club Blog (http://www.brainsbeautiesbooks.blogspot.com/) I have just started this one and am about four chapters into it. It is really good so far. Definitely doesn't seem to be a love story but the storyline keeps me wanting to read more. Very descriptive....can't wait to see where things go for Charlemagne.

I saw two movies today!

Martian Child (Netflix rental): Love Love Loved this one! John Cusack was awesome....again! His sister, Joan Cusack who I love, plays his sister in it. The little guy who plays Dennis (Bobby Coleman) was wonderful. I cried and I laughed out loud. This is a great "feel good" movie that reminds us to accept people as they are.....no matter how different they seem to us. I highly recommend this one.

Slumdog Millionaire (met my friend, Amy, for dinner and a movie). One word....Intense! I have to admit that during the first 15 or 20 minutes, I was wondering if I would be able to make it through the movie. It's very intense and graphic portrayal of life in the slums of Mumbai was a little unsettling for me at times. However, by the end of the movie, I was so happy that I stayed. It is a great story and the acting is fantastic. I would say this is definitely for mature audiences but is very worth seeing!

Two books, two movies, and dinner with a good friend all in one day....gotta love a three day weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to let me know what you think of Twilight, I love those books! :) Loved Martian Child too, and am curious about Slumdog Millionaire. It seems like that came out of nowhere!

Cheryl said...

I know what you mean. I hadn't heard of it until we were watching the awards. Very well acted but it is emotional and intense. Good ending, tho. :)

Anonymous said...

hey Its india about twilight I have twilight, new moon, eclipse, and breaking dawn! I am so adicted!!!!:D

Cheryl said...

I can see why! Shannon is, too! She is on the third one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails