Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a very nice day today. I spent the day with my kids and Scott's future in-laws, the Diffee clan. Scott ran back down to Pullman to help with the last details of Holly's move and then Shannon and I met everyone in Spokane for a picnic at Riverfront Park.We went to the Food Court at Riverpark Square so everyone could get the food of their choice and then we found a great spot in the park to eat. It was fun to sit and visit and get to know everyone a little bit better since we will all be family very soon. It was fun to know that if Holly had been a boy, she would have been named Scott Thomas. Hmmm....how is that for a "meant to be" story? After we ate, Holly was excited to take her family to "feed the goat". The goat eats small pieces of garbage. It is a must-do if you are new to Riverfront Park!


Nana decided the goat was still hungry!
Bryce tried to tame the goat for us! Way to ride that goat!
We decided to take a walk on this beautiful sunny day and check out the falls. They were impressive as usual.
One nice thing about Mother's Day is that I get family pictures and no one gets to complain!
One sure sign that you are in Riverfront Park is when the train goes by....
Here's a picture of Scott, Holly, Caitlin and Bryce. Caitlin is Holly's sister and Bryce is her fiance'. I should have waited until everyone was looking at me! :)
This was a wonderful Mother's Day. I enjoyed the beautiful weather and the great company.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all my wonderful friends who are Moms!

1 comment:

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

I am excited for you! Your family is growing and that is so cool. Looks like such a fun day. Happy Mother's Day my friend. YOu are a a great mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails