Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Sister's Keeper....Bring Your Kleenex!

My good friend, Deanna, and I went to see the movie, My Sister's Keeper, tonight. I read the book and really wanted to see the movie. I had also heard that Hollywood had changed the ending of the book when they made the movie. If you have read the book, you know that the ending IS the book....how could they change it?

I loved the book and when I head Cameron Diaz was playing the mom, I wasn't sure if she could be serious enough for that part. I love her movies but she is usually pretty light-hearted. Well, she did a fabulous job! The movie lived up to all the predictions...it is a tear jerker. Kleenex is a must!

Have you ever read a book and then gone to see the movie? The book is always so much better and I did think so with this one, too. That being said, Ladies...this is a definite GNO (Girls Night Out) movie. Even though it was sad and emotional, it was really good. You know, as Deanna said, sometimes girls just need to see a really good, sad movie!

And the ending? Well, that rumor was true, too. It is different than the book. I can't decide which ending is the better one....let me know what your thoughts are after you see it.

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

I read the book too, and oh, boy, do I have some comments on the ending, but I'll spare you since some readers may not want me to reveal the details.

...anywho....I haven't seen the movie yet, but I had the same thoughts about Cameron Diaz playing the mom. She just seems so....flitty. Not---serious, and painfully in love & helpless....

Cassidy said...

I saw the movie today at the valley mall i really liked it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails