Monday, June 29, 2009

A New Patio

Most of you know that I live in a duplex with a small backyard. Most of the time it is just perfect for what I want for right now. Lately, however, the little area right outside my back door has been bothering me. Too many weeds and not enough lawn to make me want to hang out there. Dad to the rescue!

I happened to mention to my dad one weekend that I was thinking about putting a small brick patio in and did he have any advice for me. Dad is a man of action and knows a lot about this, obviously! Scott and I learned a lot about how to lay a patio.
After some careful and thoughtful prep work, lots of leveling of the dirt, Dad and I layed the bricks. We discovered a flaw in the manufacturing of the bricks that caused some spacing issues we didn't like in our pattern so we pulled up all the bricks and changed the pattern. It was a lot of work (and I was so sore the next day...don't know how he does this kind of stuff every day) but the end product was well worth it!I love my new patio! Holly, Scott and I even had a BBQ back there that night.Scott is quite the grill master! Seriously, I love my new patio! It makes all the difference in the world and I love to sit out there and read. I think the most fun I had was hanging out with dad when we went to get the bricks and supplies and then working together to put the patio down. He is very patient! :) Thanks, Dad!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails