Saturday, August 20, 2011

Getting Back To Work...

Getting back to work always entails "setting up" our classrooms. Usually, it's just a matter of rehanging posters and charts. We usually change our floor plans around in our rooms, as well. This year, things are different. A new addition has been built and our school had gone from a grades 4, 5 and 6 to a Preschool through 5th grade school. This means EVERYONE has moved to a new room. One thing I can say about teachers...we accumulate a ton of stuff!!
This is what things looked like when I walked into my room for the first time this summer. Yep, all of my teaching belongings are in those boxes and have to come out!

I am sooo thankful for my daughter-in-law, Holly. After I started to tackle things, she offered to help. I missing the picture of the bigger mess I made when I started unpacking things and sorting through hundreds of books!
After Holly spent 5 hours helping me get through that mess, my room was starting to take shape.

She finished of the most precious parts of my room...well, precious to me! These are pictures of everyone special to me.

Thursday of this week, Holly put in another 4 hours. My teaching table is ready.
My calendar is up!
Holly put my writing wall up. She also put my math wall up but I didn't get a picture of that. I should have. She was standing on the counter behind my computers. That was certainly much easier said than done!
I went back today for another 3 and 1/2 hours. I think the room is just about ready! Just a few little things left to do.

This over my sink.
The Reading Center and group area is done! Holly put the lamp together for me. It looks so cute!
One of my favorite kids gave me "Fred and Fred, Jr." for Christmas last year. He has to have his own special spot!
This is what the kids will see when they walk in.
This is what the outside of room looks like, welcoming everyone in!
I am waiting for my "Really Good Stuff" order to come in so I can put the final touches on. (And maybe a visit from my 6'4" son...there is something Holly and I just couldn't reach!) The room will finally "look" done!

Once that is done, I can start to concentrate on what I will teach!

Thank you so much, Holly!

2 comments:

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Wow! Your room looks great!!!!! Can I be a 4th grader and spend my days there?

Cheryl said...

Yes!! Please do!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails