Friday, August 5, 2011

Love Leavenworth!

I have known my friend, Jackie, for about 16 years. We don't get to see each other often enough so we decided it was time for a "Jackie/Cheryl" fix! We thought we'd take a little drive to Leavenworth for the day...Leavenworth is just a little 3 hour jaunt one way. We didn't care...the important part was the conversation and catching up. 6 hours in the car gave us lots of time for that! It was a great day!!


We definitely knew we are in "mountain country" and almost there when we drove by this "Durn Good"burger stop. We made it! The gazebo was absolutely beautiful! Leavenworth is gorgeous in the summer! Jackie said she had never been there in the summer. I think she will go again.We were both hungry when we got there so food was first on the agenda. We wanted to eat outside and had to ask someone where we could find outdoor eating. Jackie decided to "try" to go healthy at lunch. She had a turkey dog and soda.
I, on the other hand, was in Leavenworth...it was a Brats and beer for me! Next up...shopping! We started at one end of main street and worked our way to the other. Could it be.....yep, it was....a Starbucks! It was next door to a "Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory". Jackie was excited to find her favorite...spun sugar dipped in chocolate! (I wonder if she has discovered the RMC Factory in the Riverpark Square in Spokane)... Whenever you go to Leavenworth, the Hat Shop is a must see. It's always crowded in there but so much fun! We had to try a few things on. The first picture is a little blurry but I think I pulled this off...what do you think?These glasses were definitely Jackie!
My Princess Jackie.....We heard music when we left the hat shop and discovered this nice man. He was asking kids that walked by if they wanted a turn to play the music machine. Of course, he was playing different German songs.We got so busy shopping after this that we didn't take many more pictures. We did find the Kris Kringle shop. Jackie found the angel for her tree at Christmas. I found the Taffy shop and filled Shannon's request for the day. We lost the car. We found the car. (Whew!) Jackie found a great buy on some Christmas decorations. My favorite find was this coffee mug. I use it every morning!Time to leave but we will be back!

It was a great day. The weather was gorgeous and the company was perfect!

1 comment:

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Fun day for sure. I ate a healthy lunch and two huge chunks of seafoam candy. haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails