Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jingle Bell Run/Walk

Jackie found this "race" called the Jingle Bell Run/Walk that raises money for the Arthritis Foundation. She posted something about it on Facebook and asked who wanted join her. It sounded like fun, 3 miles in downtown Spokane. Several of us decided to go for it. Tami, Cindy, Wes (Deanna's son), Jackie, myself and Deanna posing in Santa's chair just before the big event.
We made our way to the starting line. There were a lot of people there. Some people even dressed up their dogs for the fun and brought them along.

Look who was there to cheer us on!
It was definitely chilly...BRRRR! But, it was a beautiful day!
There is a costume contest and we saw some great ones along the way. Here is a a turkey and a Butterball.
We say Frosty the Snowman, a Christmas Tree and a box of Stovetop.

And, um....well,...hmmm....oh, yes! It's a Turkey Baster!




After we finished, we needed to go meet up with Deanna. She actually ran the race (I know Jackie...it's not a race!). Remember, the Santa chair we took our picture on? Look what was on the chair when we went back! Oops...sorry!

We found Deanna. Apparently if you run the race, you have time to shop while you are waiting for your friends who walk it.
....and you get a ribbon, too!
Jackie invited us to her house for breakfast after. We decided a Starbucks run was a must. Deanna had a new favorite drink we had to try. A peppermint mocha Frappacino.

It was delicious! She said it lite...I think maybe lighter, but it was worth the calories!
Next stop, breakfast at Jackie's. She made Huckleberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls. Cindy's workin' on the eggs.

Thanks for breakfast Jackie! It was fun!

This was a great way to spend Saturday morning. Thanks everyone for getting together. I think it should be a yearly tradition and we need to get bigger bells next year! Next up, the Turkey Trot!

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

That looks like so much fun!
{minus the running part....I'm not a fan of running...you know, overuse of joints causes arthritis...I choose to believe that I'm saving my knees for when I'm older...that's my justification anyway}

The turkey baster?
I'd have cracked up!

Cheryl said...

It took a few minutes from the back to figure out what the baster was! His team won best costume I guess. Only a couple of my friends ran, the rest of us walked...we chose to enjoy the view a little longer. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails