Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkeys Aren't The Only Gobblers....

We went to my parents for Thanksgiving again this year. Shannon, Scott and Holly were all here. It was a great day. I had to go out and look at one of my favorite sights...the big metal pot! That's right...our turkey is in there! Yum! Dad started deep-frying turkeys several years ago and we are hooked! They are so moist and flavorful!


The final product! Ok, so it might look a little odd sitting on the rack, but everyone fights for the skin....crispy and tasty! This year, Dad did two turkeys! Plenty of leftovers for Scott and Holly and some for Shan and me.
Now, doesn't she look happy!! She has waited all year for this!



Here is Scott helping get things ready for the second turkey.

Holly has never had deep-fried turkey before. Everyone is waiting for a chance to sneak a piece of the skin. She liked it!

Scott reached a new "position" this year. He learned how to carve the turkey. He actually carved two turkeys. He looks so serious! He did a great job! (I wonder if he knows we are all going to their place next year.)
Mom was setting a beautiful table ....as always. We "gobbled" and "gobbled" until we just couldn't "gobble" anymore!

After dinner, we played MadGab. We have a lot of fun. If you have never played it, you have to try it. It is frustrating and exciting at the same time. (You may have to turn your volume up for this video.)



Of course, Thanksgiving isn't all about the food. It's about giving Thanks. Who wouldn't be thankful for these beautiful faces. I am very proud of all three of them. They make me happy every day. They are all wonderful human beings! I love them very much!
I am also thankful for my parents. They have always been and continue to be a great support and wonderful role models to me. Without them, none of us would be who we are. I love them very much.
Although, I don't get to see them nearly enough, I am also very thankful for my brother and his family. When I saw them this summer for the wedding, I realized that we let way too much time go by between visits. I hope we can remedy that. Regardless of how often we see each other, I hope they know, we think about them often and I love them very much!
Of course, I am very thankful for my friends! Without my friends, I'm not sure how I would tackle those day to day stumbling blocks that come my way. I am thankful for the many laughs and hugs I share with my friends. My friends keep me sane at times! I love them very much!
It's nice that we have this day to think about everything we have to be grateful for, but I hope everyone that is important to me feels how grateful I am to have them in my life EVERY day!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails