Saturday, July 10, 2010

Father's Day June 19, 2010

Father's Day was a quiet day but very nice day. Dad, Mom and I spent it together and I really enjoyed it. Scott and Holly were in Seattle for her sister's wedding and Shannon was working.

Mom and Dad invited my over for grilled steaks and baked potatoes....whose holiday is it?? This is my favorite meal!! They knew I couldn't resist!
I love hanging out in their backyard. It's so pretty. Just look at some of their flowers.

While we were waiting for dinner, Dad had Patsy Cline on his mind. He didn't think he had any CD's of her so he dug out the old "LP's"...that's right...the vinyl! We went retro! Too much fun! We listened to Patsy Cline and Ray Stevens! Anyone recognize this machine?
The only thing dad said he wanted for his birthday was a small ice cream cake, one that feed 2 people. That is much easier said than done. After a little searching, I discovered that Cold Stone Creamery made Ice Cream Cupcakes. They were sooo cute! I think we would have liked a little more "cake" in them, but the ice cream was definitely yummy!
So, I managed to miss taking a picture of dad on his day. He wasn't too disappointed about that!
I will get him next year!

1 comment:

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

I want one of those cupcakes! YUM.

Related Posts with Thumbnails