Saturday, July 3, 2010

May 30, 2010 Half-Marathon!

The day finally came! The Couer D'Alene Half-Marathon was here! 13.1 miles. My friends and I were actually doing it. We all had different goals, but we were all going to finish it! When I had first decided to tackle this goal, I had dreams of running the whole thing. During my excitement for training for it, I over-trained one week and injured myself. With the help of physical therapy, I was still able to do the race and finish it. My goal changed tho. I hoped to finish under 3 hours.
Here we are before the race. Don't we all look so pretty and ready for the race!! 13.1 miles...here we come! Deanna, me, Sheila, Wendy, Jackie and Susan! Team Medical Lake!

Apparently, a lot of other people wanted to run the marathon, 1/2 marathon or 5K as well. We really lucked out. It was the only dry part of Memorial weekend. The rest of the weekend was VERY wet.


We had our running shoes and our timing chips...ready to go. (I was wondering how much money was in shoes at this race....most serious runners spend an average of$100 on a pair of shoes.)
Look! There's Matt! He's our PE teacher and my partner coach for track. He reminded me to go slow at the start....I didn't listen. This is my problem. This is why I am in physical therapy. :) I should listen to him. He is an expert runner! He runs the whole thing...and then some!

Jackie took this picture of me. It's after the turn around point, probably just before the 8 mile mark. I had probably run about 6 and half miles at this point. Things got challenging after this....still fun, but challenging! :)

Here's Deanna. The runner is our group! She did great. She ran the whole thing...even without her Ipod working right! She beat her goal. She ran it in 2 hours and 5 minutes!

Here we are after the race...maybe not looking quite as pretty as when we started..but look at those smiles! (Yes...I couldn't wait to get my shoes off!)A couple days later at work, we had to wear our shirts and our medals proudly. After all...it's all about the shirt and the medal!

This was definitely one of the hardest things I've done, yet one of the best things I've done. I definitely want to do another one!!

1 comment:

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Pretty amazing that we have so many half marathoners at Hallett! That was a really fun day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails