Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Color Purple...

I had so much fun last night, I just had to Blog! My friends, Sue and Carol, and I have season tickets for the Best of Broadway theater productions. Last night, was "The Color Purple". To be truthful, I have never even seen the movie or read the book. I was excited for a night out with the girls but wasn't terrible excited about the show.

Carol and I went to dinner at Luigis. It is one of my favorite spots for dinner and it's really close to the theater...double bonus! After some yummy pasta and good conversation with Carol (Sue had a class so couldn't join us for dinner this time), we walked to the Opera House and met Sue. The Opera House had their Christmas decorations and trees up. It was very festive!

Well, from the moment the show started until it ended, I couldn't take my eyes off the stage. The singing was incredible...the most powerful voices I have heard in a long time. Of course, parts of the story line were sad and depressing, but there was quite a bit of humor, too. I was very pleasantly surprised....I absolutely loved the show! (Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures this time.....watch for the camera next time, girls!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails