Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Little Town....

Today I decided to get out of the house. I had a couple of Netflix movies to drop in the mail so I thought, "What the heck! Throw your cross country skis on and go!" I took a few pictures along the way. I knew it was snowing, but honestly did not realize how hard until I was actually out in it.
My first photo stop was at a little park around the corner from me. This is by a softball field and there are usually places to park cars. Can you see the bike rack? It's almost covered.

And here I go.....

Next stop, the Library. I was very excited to see the Library for two reasons. First, it looks so pretty with the snow covered trees. Second, it's right next to the post office!

The mailbox! Hooray!

My next thought was, "Hmmm....I'm really not that far from my school. I wonder what's going on over there!" (I really should figure out when to listen to that little voice in my head and when to ignore it!) So, I skied a few more blocks for "fun" and then turned around and headed to the school. I had been there two days ago and nothing had been plowed in a long time. I was thankful Scott had taken me in his jeep that day...had to feed those frogs! Well, guess what! Nothing had been plowed yet.....


Then I heard a truck on the other side of the snow pile...could it be a plow? Nope! It was our head electrician....he waved at me and then went back to work....(I think he was trying to free his truck!)


Here is what I saw when I looked down at my skis (yes, those are skis!).....that was some serious work to get through that parking lot. It would have been nice if someone had groomed some trails through the lot for me! :)


One thing we have plenty of around here are deer. We see them all the time. Sure enough, there were some hanging around the school. I don't know but they even look tired of all this snow.


I was out for almost an hour and a half and the wind started gusting. It was time to head home. I actually enjoyed the trip and got some good exercise. I have to admit, though, it was nice to come in and cozy up in my flannel jammies with a warm cup of coffee. I have to rest up a little before we go out to move some snow....again! We have easily received at least 6 more inches today, probably more!

1 comment:

chumly said...

That was a good ski.

Related Posts with Thumbnails