Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Christmas Time!

Merry Christmas to everyone! We had a very nice Christmas Day. We started the day at our place....you know Santa always leaves some stocking stuffed with goodies and a few presents. We all feel very grateful and a little spoiled.

Look how happy Santa can make a girl!







Once a Coug, always a Coug!










After all the gifts were opened, we had a nice breakfast casserole and a couple of us took a little nap...nope, not Shannon! After a quiet Christmas morning with just the three of us, we headed out to my parents. It's a tradition that I love! We definitely had a "White Christmas" this year. Of course, you all already know that!






We were very excited to share gifts and I think everyone was happy to see what they had received but I think the best part is in the giving! (Although, I am very excited to use my new coffeepot with my Starbucks coffee. It will go perfect with the biscotti I received!) Shannon always plays "Santa" and passes out the presents. She loves to do that.





Hmmm....looks like being "Santa" is a very tiring job!

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, I did receive the newest Hallmark Singing Snowmen. I am now up to four in my collection. It seems like they get better every year! Just click on the play button and listen!



When we were at my parents on Monday, Scott kept playing with Holly's gifts and wrapping. It is a habit he has had for as long as I can remember....he is always fidgeting. This got my dad to thinking and he remembered a little game his dad had made when he was younger. Dad went to work yesterday and gave Scott something to "fiddle with". It's simple, just move the washer to the other end of the stick. One catch, don't untie the string!





That little stick, string and washer kept most of us busy all afternoon. I was finally able to do it once, but I couldn't do it again!










We had a huge and yummy dinner....ham, rolls, salad, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole and jello salad. Way to go mom! You pulled off another excellent holiday meal! It's the highlight of the day. We were in charge of bringing desert and I thought I'd try something new, a Christmas Trifle!


I don't know what I was thinking....it was very tasty but it pretty much pushed us all over the edge. Talk about full tummies! We were definitely ready to come home and climb into our comfy jammies and digest for a while. Of course, one last tradition...

We usually take a lot of family pictures including the whole family but I guess we were too full and too tired. I am already regretting that we didn't do that....but, wait! Hmmm....mom's birthday is just around the corner. I feel a photo opportunity coming!

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

Looks like a fun & full day!
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails